The Sponsorship Committee plans and implements service projects and/or recommends philanthropic support of Sertoma hearing health programs in the community. It reviews requests for donations and volunteer activities from approved charities and affiliates. Sponsorship has the general supervision responsibility over the Sponsorship funds. Fundraising events are held throughout the year to support the club's sponsorships.
Affiliates who receive our club's support are:
- Doctors Care - adopted in April 1996 as our affiliate. Doctors Care provides access to low cost medical services for uninsured and underinsured in Arapahoe, Douglas, and Elbert counties.
- Children's Advisory Network - adopted in 2012 as our affiliate. Children's Advisory Network is dedicated to helping children with speech therapy needs to improve communication in their daily life through in-home therapy, a private school identification screening, and hippotherapy for the Denver Metro area.
- Easter Seals Colorado - adopted in 2012 as an affiliate. Easter Seals provides exceptional services, education, outreach, and advocacy to reduce the impact of disability or health challenges and to enhance the quality of life.
See the Charities We Support under the About Us menu to view the variety of charitable organizations that we sponsor.
Interclub Relations subgroup of the Sponsorship committee coordinates the Dry Creek Club with other area-wide Sertoma club events, such as the:
- Celebrate Sound Walk/Event - provides a Sertoma-wide means of raising awareness of hearing health issues. Walks or other events help the fundraising effort to support hearing organizations.
- Freedom Week - involves participating schools that supply essays from students on "What Freedom Means to Me". Winners of schools that we work with attend our meeting and read their essays. All Denver-area club winners are rewarded at a luncheon with the announcement of the final winner for each district.
- Santa Shop - is an all-volunteer organization that has been collecting and distributing toys to needy children since 1959. Through donations and volunteer work, it serves children living within the Littleton, Englewood and Sheridan school district boundaries and who are age newborn to 10
- Sertoma Mile High Soap Box Derby - teaches youngsters teamwork, perseverance, the spirit of competition, and basic construction skills. This family oriented event promotes communication and cooperation between children and their parents in the greatest amateur racing program in the world.
- any District or Regional functions.
Representatives for these endeavors provide the club with information and help coordinate fundraising events.